designed primarily for pre-k through grade 1, the phonological awareness lessons
are sequenced in order from the simplest syllable skills with compound words to the most complex phoneme substitution tasks.
the comprehensive pa lesson plans go beyond activities as we provide instruction and practice to make instruction explicit and systematic for struggling readers. abstract syllables, rimes, and phonemes become concrete through the use of manipulatives to enhance awareness and manipulation of sounds that are included in our phonological awareness lessons deluxe package.
the deluxe pa package includes everything that's needed to teach phonological awareness lessons to an intervention group.
this package includes:
- phonological awareness lessons teacher's guide with instructional procedures to teach 39 phonological awareness and readiness skills
- phonological awareness manipulatives kit with preprinted, laminated picture cards, shapes, and mats for instruction with carrying case
- magnetic manipulatives for modeling with all the magnetic picture cards, shapes, and mats that the teacher uses during the “i do and we do” modeling cycle of each subskill
- readiness skills large teacher cards with picture cards and blue and red shapes needed to teach the skills to larger groups or the whole class
- flip books printed on durable card stock in full color and include pictures representing words used in skill 5: phonemes
in addition to the phonological awareness lessons deluxe package, our phonological awareness screener for intervention™ (pasi™) is a tool that ascertains exactly where in the phonological awareness continuum the student is experiencing difficulties.
visit our web store and explore our phonological awareness materials.