"the 95% group 世界杯足球2022亚洲预选赛
has brought an intentional focus on phonological awareness. in higher education, as well as my classes for my certification, there was never a focus on how students learn how to read and the processes in the brain. through the science of reading training i was able to have a better understanding of how students scientifically learn how to read."
reading specialist, riverside elementary school, reading, pa
understanding the science of reading
now, you can bring this 1-day workshop to your district or school to build a common knowledge base among your prek-6 instructional team. if you don’t have time for training that takes 5 days or more, this is the perfect starting point to ensure that all your educators have a shared understanding of this critical topic.
this engaging workshop is filled with hands-on activities and covers the following topics:
- understanding the term science of reading
- explore how researchers study reading including where reading occurs in the brain, the difference between struggling and skilled readers, and how researchers study and validate instructional strategies
- know the 3 theoretical models of reading: the simple view of reading, the 4-part processing model, and scarborough’s rope
- explore how phonological awareness skills develop along a sequence and practice instructional strategies to teach pa
- learn about recent research on orthographic mapping, why it is critical to efficient word learning, and practice teaching phonics concepts in ways that align with the characteristics of structured literacy
- learn how to develop fluency at the subskill level
- understand the role of situational models and background knowledge in comprehension
- develop your student’s vocabulary with word learning strategies that include morphemes